Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Magic



For the past several years something has been missing for me during the holidays. It just hasn't really felt like Christmas. We have been very blessed and therfore able to participate in food drives, sub for Santa programs, and to assist people in our ward in need of help. All of these have produced warm fuzzy feelings in years past, but something still just wasn't the way it used to be. Christmas just came and went. What happened to the excitement, the anticipation, the simple joy the season used to bring? I was beginning to think these were lost forever.
But a funny thing happened this year around December 1st, I found my Christmas magic. There's just something about having little bitties around during the holidays. The awe on their faces when I turn on the Christmas tree lights, the excitement when I turn on my silly Christmas songs, the squeals and giggles of delight when mommy dances around the room with them- one on each hip (this is our favorite). I know they're still too young to really understand what's going on but they know there's something special happening, you can see it in their little faces. It's enough to make me randomly burst into song, which Thane has gamely started to accept despite the fact that he doesn't really appreciate most Christmas music. I've been trying to find that lost magic for years, I never expected that I would find it in my children's eyes.
We wish you all a very Happy Holiday. May it be filled with the love of our Savior, warmth, kindness, and a large dose of Christmas Magic.

4 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

WOW, that is the greatest picture ever! I love your family pictures too, you guys are the best!

Smart Family said...

What a wonderful feeling! I love that post! Nothing gets you back to your childhood like having kids. They bring so much joy. Thank you for sharing!

Will and Heidi said...

I know how you feel. I'm glad to know that through your kids you were able to feel the Magic again. Maybe we'll be able to feel that next year or the next, or the next?

Pulcheria said...

I can't agree more and it only gets better as they get older! Great Santa picture too.